Wednesday, August 27, 2014

homemade laundry soap

I am always looking for ways to save money and cut back my trips to the store. As a mother of two very active boys with a spouse in HVAC... Good laundry soap for the best buck is a must in this house!

After speaking with friends (Crystal Mays) and searching through pinterest along with a few tweets to the ingredients.... I came up with this.

Ingredients:
1 (4lbs) box of borax
1 (3lb 7oz) box of arm & hammer super washing soda
1 (5lb) box of biz ..... Or oxyclean, I used biz cause it was half the cost
2 (14.1oz) of zote
4lbs of baking soda 
3 bottles of downy unstoppable or whatever crystal scent boosting beads you like.
And a large container to mix this all in. I used a a trash bag.

Start by opening all you containers.....
With the zote, crumble it. I used my food processor... So much faster.... But if you don't have one, you can microwave the the bars for a minute to soften it up and crumble it that way.
Mix it all together, we'll and place in containers, jars, your downy unstoppable bottles, whatever works!
You only need to use 2 tablespoons per large load.

With coupons and using the off brand products, I spent about $30.00 making this. This should last about a year.



No comments:

Post a Comment